Friday, April 1, 2011

I cried.

Have you ever cried during a workout?  Not because it was too hard, or because the trainer/instructor was mean, or because you didn't get the choreography, or...I could go on and on.  Have YOU ever cried?

I cried.

On Monday I added Insanity to my weekly workout routine.  Monday was the Fit Test, and although I didn't reach the same numbers I had when I first did the Fit Test (Oct '09): 1) I wasn't expecting to, and 2) I'm in a different place, physically, than I was a year and a half ago, but, I was mildly impressed.  I held my own.  I got through it.  I was proud.

Tuesday, though, is when IT happened. 
I cried.

I didn't cry because I wasn't able to finish every exercise, or go as fast as the cast members on the DVD, or because I took more breaks than I had wanted.  No, I cried because I finally felt it:

THIS IS GOING TO WORK.

Between the sweat dripping off the tip of my nose, between me gasping for air, between the gulps of Recovery Formula (thank GOD for that stuff!) I cried, and I was happy.

Is Insanity my soul-mate workout? 
I don't think so, at least not right now (I'm still, and always will be a Turbo Girl!). 

Do I like Insanity? 
No.  It sucks...in a good way.  It sucks in the same way that a Bootcamp Trainer sucks when he's pushing you, yelling in your face to DO MORE!  You hate it while you're doing it, but, man, does it feel good afterwards.

Do I think it'll work?
Without a doubt, YES!  Its a workout for my mind strength and the strength of my soul as much as it's for my body strength.  There's something so powerful when you push yourself past your limits, past your mind telling you "Take a break, no one will know...".  When you find the willpower to say to yourself, "Keep going...YOU. CAN. DO. THIS."  THAT is when you know.  

And that is when I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment