Wednesday, February 23, 2011

10 Random Things About Me

These are always fun! I see a lot of bloggers do lists like these in their blogs and I always enjoy reading them myself. So, I thought I'd give it a try too!

10 Random Things About Me:

1) I’m double jointed in my thumb on my left hand. Weird.

2) I worked at Disneyland for 6 years. I met all of my best friends while working at the park and I’m the only one of my friends who didn’t marry someone who was also Disney.

3) My best friend in HS married my first “real” boyfriend. It was totally cool – by then we were all really good friends!

4) I’m friends with almost all of my ex-boyfriends, except for 1. We all follow each other on Facebook.

5) I’ve been into fitness since I can remember! Maybe because I’m a child of the 80’s and that’s when the fitness craze really hit, but I was very much into leg warmers, head bands, Get In Shape Girl, Jane Fonda (her workouts on both VHS and record, yes, she had a workout on a record) and Mousercize (a morning workout on Disney Channel, they’ve SO got to bring that back!)

6) Going off of #5 – I was a chubby kid. The summer between 5th & 6th grade I joined Jenny Craig with my Mom and lost a ton of weight, grew taller and lost even more weight. I didn’t hit that starting weight again until I was a Sophomore in High School. You can read about it more here: http://coachkarimoore.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-why-why-i-am-so-passionate-about.html

7) I grew up on a Harley Davidson motorcycle. My dad and his brothers all had motorcycles – my Uncle Shorty’s (a family nickname) nickname (yeah, I know, a nickname for someone who has a nickname, funny!) was Harley.

8) My parent’s house, specifically my room, is/was haunted. I remember getting ready for a date once and, while looking into the mirror, seeing a picture, which I normally keep on a shelf, fly from one end of my closet to the other. Yeah, I didn’t pick that picture back up for awhile. Side note: the relationship that came from that date was the relationship from hell…maybe the ghost was trying to tell me something??

9) This is a 2-parter: A) I started cheering at age 8, and cheered until I was 18. I stopped in college because I was totally spent and didn’t feel like I had it in me to do it anymore. B) I was a competitive cheerleader in High School. This was before All-Star teams were on every corner, before the term “All-Star” was popular. In fact, we had to explain it as “it’s like club soccer for cheer”; no one knew what it meant! I loved every second of it!

10) The first group fitness class I taught BOMBED! Seriously! I taught the same 8 counts (which were totally boring, 4 punches moving up, 2 jacks back) for about 15 mins! I had my notes, came totally prepared, but when I looked at my notes I honestly could not recognize my own handwritting, it looked like foreign language to me. People walked out - it was horrifying!

No comments:

Post a Comment