Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A little off topic...

Ok, so this is a little off topic (fitness wise) but something I need to chat about...my 4 month old baby is rolling BOTH WAYS!

Yay, you say!  Boo, I say!  Why?  Well, that means he can't sleep swaddled any more, which means he wants to sleep on his tummy, which means I get NO sleep cause I'm worried about him.  Ugh.

It also means that he has gone from sleeping through the night (which is 5 hours without waking) to waking multiple times because he's either 1) on his belly and going, "WTF, how'd I end up here?" or 2) hitting himself in the face with his arms and hands.  What's a mom to do?  BTW - I have the newest AngelCare monitor, breathable bumpers, have him sleeping in a Halo Sleep Sack and removed all blankets and stuffed animals/toys from his bed.

We talked with the Dr last week at his well baby visit and she said give it a week.  Ok.

But, I'm also happy to report that he put himself to sleep last night totally by himself.  YAY!  He was having a hard time settling down last night and after trying all the "tricks" I know to get him to settle down, I put him down to see what he would do. 

So, what'd he do?  He rolled over to his tummy (ugh!), talked a little to himself and fell asleep.  Of course, this could be a one time thing, and don't think I didn't go into his room to check on him, but I thought it was pretty cool that he put himself to sleep. 

My baby is growing up so fast!

1 comment:

  1. Well aren't you a little over paranoid....LOL But if it helps you stay at ease more, then it is all worth it. Both my boys are restless sleepers and are all over their crib/bed. You are right it could be a one time thing, but you are mom, so when you see him acting the way he was last night, do the same thing and he will most likely do the same. That is the one lucky thing we have been blessed with, both our boys put themselves to sleep. But Wyatt still wakes me up a few times a night. You can't win them all. So exciting! Just wait till he is crawling and into EVERYTHING :)

    ReplyDelete