Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ChaLEAN Extreme




Yesterday I started ChaLEAN Extreme - Day 1, Burn Circuit 1! Woo Hoo!

I'm working on getting my body back after having my son in October, 2010 and I went back and forth on what program I was going to commit to to lose the baby weight. I decided on ChaLEAN Extreme as my main program with Turbo Fire on my Cardio days.

So, yesterday was day 1. Since I've done this program in the past, I pulled out my old tracking sheets to give me an idea of where I was with my fitness level the last time I did this program. At that time I was teaching Group Fitness classes so I was wwwwaaaayyy more fit than I am now. I didn't push myself as hard as I have in the past because I wanted to make sure that I had a good idea of where my starting point was. I was pleasently surprised to find out I hadn't lost all of my strength during my pregnancy. Some exercises were hard, other's weren't and now I have a starting point on where I can push myself.

After the workout I felt GREAT! I had a ton of energy, I slept great and I feel fantastic this morning (besides the head cold I've been fighting). Oh, how I've forgotten how much I love to challenge my body! My body thrives on a healthy combination of strength training and cardio so this is right up my alley.

As a new Mom, time is precious. Finding time to workout every day is a challenge, a daily challenge. For me, I've always been more successful at my workouts when I workout late at night. Some people thrive on getting up before the rest of the world does to get their workout in. And, while I'd love to be one of those people, I'm not a morning person - I hate mornings! So for me, working out at night has always been best. Being a busy mom and wife means that I need to workout when possible, so for me, that's usually after both kids have been fed, bathed and are in bed. That also means that my TV time with hubby is cut short, but that's what the DVR is for!

Today is Day 2 of ChaLEAN Extreme and is a Rest day...WHAT!?!? Right when 'Stella gets her groove back' you give me a rest day? Really? That's fine, I need to go grocery shopping anyways. I'll use this rest day and maybe take the family to the park for some play time. After all, my family is my WHY!

No comments:

Post a Comment