Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's all part of the process...

Ugh!  I am so frustrated!  Today is my weigh-in day and I gained weight this week, didn't lose any.  Totally frustrating!  Frustrating because I'm working my butt of every day working out and eating healthy just to GAIN weight this week.  Ugh!

I thought long and hard about making this blog post because 1) admitting you've gained weight when you've told the WORLD that you've committed to losing weight and getting in shape is embarrassing and 2) I work in fitness for goodness sakes!!!  I'm supposed to be a walking billboard for my business, what am I saying about my business if I'm GAINING weight?
Well, I'll tell ya!  1) you don't have to be the picture of physical fitness to work in fitness or to be a Beachbody Coach and 2) like most of my customers, I too am on a fitness journey.  There will be highs and lows to this journey.  It's not about the day to day or week to week number I see on the scale.  It's the number at the end of the journey that really counts.  And, what's really in a number?  Does it define who I am?  No.  It's just a number.

So, now it's a matter of looking back on my week, seeing what I could have done differently, seeing what changes I need to make in the future to avoid future gain and to accept that I'm human and respect the process.  It's a journey, not something that will change over night.  As I tell my fellow New Mommies - it took you 9 months to gain this weight.  Be patient with yourself and realize that it might take that long to lose it.

It's still frustrating tho...

No comments:

Post a Comment